“In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”
"In Gramps' Shoes", a movie that just recently came to my attention. After watching it for the first time...my opinion is... "This movie has a wonderful Christian-Family-Message that perhaps all family members should see"!
A single mother of two teenage kids is facing financial hardship and calls upon her father she hasn't spoken to for twenty years. Dad agrees to help and moves in with his daughter and grand kids for awhile. Immediately he begins to have an impact and becomes the father and grandfather they've been missing for years. His granddaughter welcomes him and they begin to forge a strong relationship. However, it becomes a much more difficult project with the teenage boy but in time their relationship becomes to warm-up. He begins to be known as "Gramps" and with his strong Christian faith finally leaves a lasting impression while providing many lessons for Godly and Responsible Living ! One thing that I need to mention...that you'll will notice almost from the beginning... this movie is not a High-Quality Production ! Acting and scenes aren't what I would consider representative of a Quality production, however, "The Content of this movie Supercedes the Quality of it's Production", and as you get into the movie, the viewer will "Warm-Up To It" and begin to embrace the actors and film.
The Message is excellent and most families will get something positive out of it. The DVD can be purchased at Christian Cinema.com and Is now recommended as one of our favorites. You can click on the image above to visit it's website and watch the trailer below:
Christian Movie News
1. A Matter of Faith - A young Christian girl runs off to college and becomes influenced by one of her professors about Evolution. Her family finds out and soon all become involved in the Evolution-Creation debate. This film produced by Rich Christiano promises to entertain and at the same time can become an outreach to be used by Christian Evangelists. Is now playing in limited theaters ...
2. The Song - This movie produced on location in Nashville, TN. and Kentucky, involves a male singer who writes a hit song resulting in a life of Stardom that puts pressure on his marriage. The Christian Movie industry is giving this one a good review and it is now playing in limited theaters throughout the nation.
3. Atlas Shruggs - Who is John Galt? Come to the movie and see !! This third part of Ayn Rand's Novel, about a futuristic society under a Fascist-American-Style-Government can now be seen at some limited theaters.
4. Left Behind - The new remake of Tim LaHaye's "Left Behind" movie will hit the theaters this weekend. Starring Nicholas Cage, and it will be interesting how this compares to the first one that starred Kirk Cameron released in the year 2000.
News Articles & Events
1. Pulpit Freedom Sunday Sunday October 5, 2014 - This Sunday is the day many Pastors throughout The USA will be "Preaching Political Sermons". Visit the website link above for additional Information.
Ayn Rand – Atlas Shrugged
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you. . . you may
know that your society is doomed.”